ŠKODA AUTO INDIA ROARS IN WITH THE NEW KUSHAQ MONTE CARLO!!
CHENNAI 09 MAY 2022 ŠKODA AUTO INDIA ROARS IN WITH THE NEW KUSHAQ MONTE CARLO!!
‘Get the look that matters’
- Monte Carlo edition is homage to ŠKODA’s motorsport heritage and Rallye Monte Carlo
- The KUSHAQ is the second product in India to adorn the exclusive Monte Carlo badge
- Black glossy exterior elements, red interior embellishments with the new driver’s Virtual Cockpit underline the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo’s assertiveness, aesthetics and dynamism
- Armed with powerful yet efficient 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI petrol engines
- Addition of Start-Stop Recuperation on 1.0 TSI improves fuel efficiency
- The KUSHAQ Monte Carlo will be exclusive in Tornado Red and Candy White colours
- The Monte Carlo edition of the KUSHAQ will start at an ex-showroom price of INR 15,99,000
Chennai, May 9, 2022 – Think opulence, think the good life, think taste, think motorsports, and you have to think of Monte Carlo in Monaco, Europe. Monte Carlo is steeped in glamour and glory for over a century now. The Czech car manufacturer began its successful motorsport involvement, which has included numerous victories at the famous Monte Carlo Rally over this long period. Laurin & Klement vehicles were entered in the second run of the rally classic in 1912, and in 1936 a model with the Winged Arrow was on the start line for the first time at the legendary competition. The POPULAR SPORT roadster finished in second place in the under-1.5-litre class.
It is to celebrate this success at the legendary ‘Queen of Rallies’ in particular and the World Rally Championships ever since that ŠKODA AUTO debuted the Monte Carlo edition. In an ode to ŠKODA’s rally and motorsport pedigree and the success of INDIA 2.0, ŠKODA AUTO India introduces the new KUSHAQ Monte Carlo range that will dazzle with sporty black design elements.
Commenting on the introduction of the new ŠKODA KUSHAQ Monte Carlo, Mr. Zac Hollis, Brand Director, ŠKODA AUTO India said, “With our recent successes and our biggest ever month in India, it was only apt that we celebrated with a badge that embodies the Spirit of Victory at ŠKODA. The Monte Carlo is a car that appeals to the heart, to one willing to go the extra mile for the unique, subtle and sporty aesthetics. The Monte Carlo highlights a discrete sense of style. It is homage to the fact that you are driving a name soaked in pedigree and legacy of rally sport, providing a thrilling experience.”
The KUSHAQ Monte Carlo will be introduced at an ex-showroom price of INR 15,99,000 lacs for the 1.0 TSI 6-speed manual, topping out at INR 19,49,000 lacs for the 1.5 TSI 7-speed DSG. This edition of the KUSHAQ will be available exclusively in Tornado Red and Candy White colours. Moreover, the 1.0 TSI of the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo is standard with Start-Stop Recuperation that improves fuel efficiency.
GET THE LOOK THAT MATTERS
In the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo, the ŠKODA Signature Grille is adorned with a Glossy Black Surround. As are the ORVMs that are also Glossy Black. The wheels are R17 Dual-tone Vega 43.18 cms alloys that directly descend from the OCTAVIA vRS 245, the fastest-ever production ŠKODA. This new KUSHAQ now has a Monte Carlo Fender Garnish in place of the ŠKODA badge. While the body colour offers a choice of Tornado Red and Candy White, the roof comes in contrasting glossy Carbon Steel paint lending the Monte Carlo with a prominent dual tone aesthetic. The roof comes standard with an Electric Sunroof with Anti-pinch Technology. The Carbon Steel roof complements the Matte Black Roof Rails running along the edge and the dark chrome external door handles below.
The roof ends where the Dual Tone Tailgate Spoiler begins. Further below at the rear is a trunk garnish at the door of the boot and a diffuser beneath the rear bumper, both in Glossy Black, accentuating the pace and glamour of the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo. This is balanced with a Glossy Black Diffuser at the front of the Monte Carlo as well. The chrome ŠKODA and KUSHAQ inscriptions at the rear are now Glossy Black. As are the L-Shaped surrounds for the air vents in the front bumper.
In the first ever visual differentiator between the 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI engines, the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo 1.5 TSI will have Sporty Red calipers in the front wheels making it stand out from its 1.0 TSI stablemate.
RALLY-BRED INTERIORS WITH NEW VIRTUAL COCKPIT
The cabin of the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo carries forward the motorsport heritage through the Luxe Interiors with Red and Black Dual-tone Upholstery and Ruby Red Metallic inserts. This décor further enhances the aesthetics, sportiness and the sense of space inside the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo. The Ruby Red Metallic inserts tastefully adorn the width of the dashboard gracefully flowing down the centre console and continue onward to the front doors. The front has Ventilated Red and Black Leather seats with ‘MONTE CARLO’ inscribed in the headrests. The rear hosts Red and Black leatherette seats with ‘MONTE CARLO’ inscriptions in two of the headrests continuing in the same vein. Other surfaces that the driver and passenger regularly interact with, like the door armrests and the one at the centre in the front has red stitching in them. The leather wrap on the 2-spoke Mutli-function Steering, the part the driver will spend the maximum time interacting with, also gets prominent, delectable red stitching on it. Red ambient lighting at the front passenger dashboard provides a warm red aura to the cabin in the KUSHAQ Monte Carlo.
The driver’s instrument console gets a 20.32 cm ŠKODA Virtual Cockpit with a red theme. The centre of the dashboard plays host to a 25.4cm Infotainment System with ŠKODA Play Apps and a red theme. Accelerating, braking and clutch duties are handled by beautiful and extra grippy Alu Pedals. And the minute you open the door, tasteful Monte Carlo Inscribed Scuff Plates on the door sills welcome you into the cabin.
The all new Monte Carlo edition of the KUSHAQ reflects ŠKODA’s victories in Monte Carlo and the KUSHAQ’s contribution to ŠKODA AUTO India’s tremendous growth and success in 2022. The KUSHAQ is the torchbearer of the company’s INDIA 2.0 Project leading the record-breaking first quarter in India. It was only fitting that the leading light of this success receives a badge that represents the Spirit of Victory at ŠKODA.
Price Summary: KUSHAQ Monte Carlo
|ŠKODA KUSHAQ||Monte Carlo 1.0 TSI MT||Monte Carlo 1.0 TSI AT||Monte Carlo 1.5 TSI MT||Monte Carlo 1.5 TSI AT|
Sunny Arora Saurabh Dedhia
Product and Brand Communications Product and Brand Communications
T – +91 22 3313 7332 T – +91 22 3313 7046
- is successfully steering through the new decade with the NEXT LEVEL – ŠKODA STRATEGY 2030.
- aims to be one of the five best-selling brands in Europe by 2030 with an attractive line-up in the entry-level segments and additional e-models.
- is emerging as the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers 11 passenger-car series: the SLAVIA, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as the KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ.
- delivered over 870,000 vehicles to customers around the world in 2021.
- has been a member of the Volkswagen Group for 30 years. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world.
- independently manufactures and develops not only vehicles but also components such as engines and transmissions in association with the Group.
- operates at three sites in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs more than 43,000 people globally and is active in over 100 markets.
ŠKODA AUTO INDIA
- fascinating customers in India since 2001.
- offers five models in India – SLAVIA, SUPERB, OCTAVIA, KUSHAQ and KODIAQ.
- present in more than 100 cities across the country with over 175 customer touchpoints
- recorded a triple digit growth of 130% with 23,858 units sold in 2021
- ŠKODA AUTO India website – www.škoda-auto.co.in
- ŠKODA AUTO India Communications Twitter Handle – @SKODAIndia_PR